It is no secret that your baby’s skin is quite delicate and prone to allergies. Though it has the same structure as that of adult skin, it is very thin, more vulnerable to irritants, and can easily dry out. This is why your baby needs extra care and attention to healthy skin. Therefore, besides your basic skincare regime that includes cleansing, exfoliation, and moisturizing, here are some important tips you must add for your newborns for healthy and well-nourished skin.
We hope you find these tips useful!
A SHOWER WITH NATURE
Many new mommies prefer to bathe their little bundles of joy daily. Also, it is better to use shampoo, soap, and cleanser that have natural ingredients and do not cause any skin-related problems. Make sure to cleanse your newborn with lukewarm water with a gentle cleanser and soap.
Don’t be experimental by trying new or harsh products. Try not to use antibacterial products as they harsh for the sensitivity of your baby’s skin. We recommend you to use Mom and World’s NATURAL BABY SOAP.
This baby soap is a dermatologist tested and approved product that gently cleans your baby’s skin and leaves behind healthy-looking skin. It effectively nourishes and moisturizes considering the sensitivity of your baby- WHY TO COMPROMISE NOW?
THE HAIR CARE
Try to wash your baby’s hair with water only, and use a good natural-based shampoo at least twice a week. Our suggestion is to use TEAR FREE BABY SHAMPOO again from Mom and World. This is a uniquely designed mild shampoo that works wonder on the delicate scalp of your baby.
Also, for babies who have a flaky scalp this shampoo once or twice a week is the best and recommended by many pediatricians. BABY HAIR OIL with gentle brushing of the hair as well as the scalp is all your baby needs for reasonable control and a healthy scalp.
Your baby’s skin tends to lose moisturizer much faster than your skin. It can also be dried out if not taken care of regularly. Therefore, keeping your infant’s skin moisturized is a must. Apply an organic moisturizer twice a day with a gentle massage.
Here, you can take Mom and the world’s BABY FACE CREAM and gently massage it on your baby’s face right after his/her bath-time for the best and effective result.
BABY’s DAY OUT: DIAPER-FREE
Always let your baby’s skin breathe if he/she is in a diaper all day long. Try to give your little one a diaper-free time whenever possible. It is also the best way to prevent conditions like diaper rash and other skin-related issues.
While many wee ones are prone to diaper rashes, you must take some preventive measures to avoid such conditions in the first place. Below mentioned are some guideline you can follow for your baby’s diaper rash problem:
- Change the diaper regularly, especially when it is wet, use wipes to clean the area and apply BABY DIAPER RASH CREAM (by Mom and World) to keep the skin moisturized.
- Visit your pediatrician immediately if your baby needs special care in terms of baby skin rashes as few of them can be signs of some severe skin infections.
THE “I LOVE YOU” MASSAGE
Massaging your baby generally has various health-related benefits. It not only improves your both with your little one, but also enhances the blood circulation, boosts immunity, instantly relieves your baby from acidity, body pain, and prevents dryness of the skin. For the best results massage your baby daily after or before the bathe-time using Mom & World’s BABY NOURISHING MASSAGE OIL.
THE BEST BABY SKIN- CARE TIPS
As discussed above the baby’s skin and immune system are very delicate and must be handled with care. Therefore, you must keep the following in mind:
- You should never expose your little one directly to the sun until they are at least 6 months old. Try to protect them with long-sleeved cotton clothes, pants, and a cap.
- Always make sure that your baby’s clothes are clean. This is always the best to wash the new outfits before putting them on to your baby.
- Make them wear loose clothes and keep the environment cool in summers to avoid conditions like prickly heat and rashes.
- Do not use detergents, harsh talcum powders, and chemical-based baby products that can cause irritation and dryness. It is high-recommended for you to use organic and natural products as often as possible to prevent infections, allergic reactions, and more on your baby’s skin.
CARE TIPS FOR NEW MOMMIES AND DADDIES
Lastly, we see a lot of new mom and dad with hand-dermatitis. This is common in them because they prefer washing their hands frequently for their wee ones. However, it is important to take care of your hands when you have an infant at home. Here is how:
- LESS HAND WASHING – If you just changed a diaper and need to clean your hands by washing them with soap? We would say a no! It is preferable to use a baby wipe or nothing at all. You can also use an alcohol-based sanitizer on your hands but do not apply it to your baby.
- Keep A Moisturizer near Every Sink – Yes, it is highly recommended for every new mom and dad to keep a natural-based hand lotion near every sink. So, when you wash your hands you can moisturize them immediately to prevent dryness and more. Try to make it a regular habit as it will protect your hands in the long run.
- Always keep an Organic Baby Lotion in the Baby Bag – Again you must make it a habit to carry a baby lotion now and then, especially when you are out on an outing with your wee one. This isn’t just for the baby, but for you as well. You can apply it on your hands after changing the diaper or washing your
We hope that our post on the baby skin – care practices will make you understand the needs of your little one and their sweet, cuddly, delicate skin. You can now take care of your baby effortlessly by keeping the above said in mind.